BLACK MEN IN ATLANTA ARE PUSHING SCHOOL CHOICE FORWARD
BY JASON B. ALLEN ON
Black men in Atlanta are pushing School Choice forward for our children. Below is a letter from David Mitchell, a Black male charter school advocate in Atlanta and founder of an organization that is leading parents and communities to be able to provide better educational outcomes for our children.
Greetings Supporters & Partners of BOOK,
We are excited to launch our new and improved website that features our new leadership team, advisory committee (The Men of BOOK), and our 2019 programming to raise awareness of our work in the Quality Schools Movement in metro Atlanta.
Our mission is rooted in “three core values” that represent the foundation by which we do our work
WE CANNOT ACHIEVE OUR MISSION WITHOUT COMMUNITY STAKEHOLDERS AND PARTNERS BELIEVING IN THE NEED FOR BUILDING COALITIONS, COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT, AND RELEVANT PROGRAMMING.
Here are five ways you and others can help us make a positive impact on K-12 education academically, parent/guardian and community participation and engagement.
1. Sign up for BOOK eNEWS – to receive monthly updates (scroll to bottom of page)
2. Fill out “Contact Us” – with your interests
3. Take our quick survey – and help us better engage parents and education stakeholders. The feedback will be used to develop useful events/talks and content to make better decisions about education in our communities.
4. LIKE, and SHARE our Facebook Page – to stay informed of upcoming events and announcements
5. Donate to our work – Your tax-deductible donation, big or small, will immediately support the work we do in communities, schools and student focused organizations across metro Atlanta.
NOW MORE THAN EVER, ORGANIZATION’S LIKE BOOK ARE NEEDED!
We are needed to build coalitions and support systems to help African-American children in metro Atlanta reach their full potential.
In closing, please be on the lookout for details on our upcoming Men of BOOK launch.
This event will focus on the importance of the African-American men having a unified voice on public education inside and outside the classroom.
Thank you for your time, support, and believing in our mission.
David Mitchell, CEO/Founder
Better Outcomes for Our Kids, Inc. (BOOK)